State Fair Fried Pickle Burger
- Yield: 1 Serving
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pan until oil reaches a temperature of 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Beat egg in separate bowl.
- When oil comes up to temperature, dip Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips in egg and then in flour mixture and add to oil. Cook until golden brown, flipping over while cooking, about 2 minutes.
- Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil into a separate cast iron or fry pan and heat until oil shimmers. Add burger to pan.
- While burger is cooking, add bun, cut side down, to fry pan. Heat until grilled, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove.
- Cook burger to desired doneness and turn off heat. Lay American cheese on burger and cover pan until melted.
- On bottom of bun, layer lettuce, tomato and burger. Top with ranch dressing, fried pickles and top of bun.
- Serve additional fried pickles on the side.